Monday, April 27, 2009

Forget Me Nots

This is a page from a wonderful little book given to me by my precious friend Marian, who flew away to heaven some time back. The book is called Friendship's Token.

She writes, Beth, I do hope you enjoy the little book. It was given to my mother long before I arrived on the scene, so it is very old, but it had the sentiment I wanted to share with you. Oh, yes. I agree with you on telling people you love them. When my grandfather died my grandmother said, "Oh, I hope he knew I loved him." So sad. But you do know my love. We are the kind of friends who, at any time or place can say, "and" and go on.

Marian's beautiful book on Friendship was printed by Cupples Lamp; Leon, located in New York. There is no publish date, but the inside is signed, To Maria from Aunty Ford. Marian included an old photograph of her Mother. On the back there is a quaint note, "We have one like it, so thee may keep it."

I often think of Marian and of the tremendous influence she had in my life when who I am now was still forming. What a wonderful woman she was. I will never forget her. I am looking forward to meeting up with my friend in heaven to say, "and" and go on.

7 comments:

Clytie said...

"and" :=}

Anonymous said...

And as long as you never forget her, she will always be alive.

BTW thank you for your comment on my last 'baby'.You are too kind but I am thinking reading such, you have a Poets Soul.Very Poetic words.

JANN said...

LUCIE SILVAS LYRICS

"Forget Me Not"

Forget me not, I ask of you
Wherever your life takes you to
And if we never meet again
Think of me every now and then

We had just one day to recall
Now all I want is something more
Than just a fading memory
Left wondering what could have been.

Isn't it a shame, that when timing's all wrong
You're doing what you never meant to,
There's always something that prevents you.
Well I believe in fate, it had to happen this way
But it always leaves me wondering whether...
In another life we'd be together.
We should feel lucky we can say... we've always got yesterday

And as I leave it all behind
You're still emblazoned in my mind
And for that very special day
Nobody loved me in that way

Forget me not, I ask of you
Wherever your life takes you to
And if we never meet again
Think of me every now and then

THANK YOU BETH FOR THE CONSTANT BEAUTY YOU GIVE ALL OF US. IN A WORLD OF SELFISH PEOPLE
IT IS SUCH A PLEASURE KNOWING THERE ARE REALLY AFEW BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO STILL GIVES FROM THEIR HEART AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO LOVE EACH OTHER AND APPRECIATE
BEAUTIFUL ART.

Pearl said...

Very sweet!
Pearl

MuseSwings said...

Beautiful keepsake! Thank you for sharing and for the pretty forget-me-nots

Marie Reed said...

In Germany people barely ever say I love you. It's not a part of the culture. I told my father in law that I loved him one day and he just about had a heart attack. He told me that not even his wife had ever uttered those words!

salige lavendel said...

It is the first time I visit your blog and I LOVE it! Lov this wonderful story of friendship and the image of my favorite flowers...
Am I allowed to ask if I may use some of your vintage images in my artwork???