Monday, June 8, 2009

From a Trainway Carriage

Faster than fairies, faster than witches
Barns and houses, hedges and ditches;
Charging along like troops in a battle
On through the meadows the horses and cattle:
All of the sights of the hill and the plain
Fly as thick as driving rain;
And ever again in the wink of an eye,
Painted stations whistle by.

I found this lineart picture an ancient book of illustrated children's poetry. I especially love this picture because it reminds me of my own children and some of the pictures I drew of them when they were tiny.

3 comments:

Clytie said...

It's a simple yet beautiful illustration.

Lois said...

It's precious. My daughter had hair like that when she was little!

Deann said...

I don't believe it I just finished a post on The Painted Garden and thought I would check out my gifted sisters. All I can say is great minds think a like....Between Clytie's ghosts and your railroad card I give up. Time to haul out the genealogy!!!
Wonderful mind picture verse, and beautiful card. Love it Sis!