Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Darling - Postcard Friendship Friday #115



This photograph reminds me of when my own sweet children were little.  

If truth be known, I wanted to be a mother from the moment I understood what Mothers were all about.  I had the dream of raising twelve children and tending a rose garden.  Of course, as a tiny child I did not realize the tremendous work and responsibility required of a Mother.  Yet, even as I wax further in years, I still love children of every age.

There is something so precious about Mothers and their children.  There is something amazing about the pure love found in a Mother's heart.

I think of my own darling Mumsie.  She is getting up in years, yet her heart still overflows with love for her six children--of whom I am the eldest.  Happy Mother's Day, dear Mums.  I love you--thank you for everything.  YOU are an incredible Mom.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

*  DON'T FORGET:  When you submit a postcard for PFF, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you!

*  NOTE: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them.

*  REMINDER: Comments and links which contain advertising and do not refer to any of the following; Postcard Friendship Friday, mailboxes, the Post office, postcards or the love of postcards, will be deleted.

 

3 comments:

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Yes, I too had dreams of a large family. I stopped at two when the reality kicked in. :)

Funoldhag said...

Being a mom has been wonderful - as has been being a grandma. And, of course, add my funny little card to your cyber collection! I thought it was so darned cute! Happy PFF and Mom's Day! Carol

Paul van Yperen said...

Beautiful card. When I became the father of my first son it was so beautiful to see that my parents changed into grandparents and my sister into an aunt. A child gets a complete network. My son really loved that, he told me recently. He's now studying law at the university.