Monday, November 11, 2013

Honor the Brave


Today is our family's first Veteran's Day without  Dad.  Dad once told me there was a fine line between cowardice and bravery.  He said he only did what he had to do and anyone in his place would have done the same.  The words of a courageous man.  Daddy was a brave man and today I honor him for the sacrifices he made.

Then I think of soldiers, not only from America, but from all over the world who fought for country, home and family.  Sometimes my heart is sad to think are there those who do not understand the significance of the sacrifices made by those who've fought on our behalf.

God bless the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.  God bless their families.

As I see all the flags placed along the streets and flying overhead--my heart breaks just a little.  I miss you, Daddy--My Hero.

No comments: