Sunday, December 31, 2017

No More Wasted Time


A few nights ago, I was listening to a program called Decades. They were talking about the life of the late David Cassidy. His sweet daughter said this man's last words were, "So much wasted time."

That hit me hard. I don't want to be wasting my time here on earth--I would be devastated to look back and realize how much time I let slip through my fingers.

So...the next morning I found the Christmas lights I'd meant to put up for the holidays--and strung them around the front porch. It sounds silly--but somehow it made sense to accomplish that goal--even if I was a day or so late. Those lights will be shining all year round, by the way. (grin)  

Then I put a sweeper flap on the front door.  Something I've never done before, but which had needed to be done a long time ago.  I had a curious sense of fulfillment.   

I see this newest heart shift is going to change things in my life.

 No more wasted time.

1 comment:

Irene said...

Hope your Christmas and New Years were wonderful, I too strung my lights out doors late, and then we got hit with this blast of 36 inches of snow and I couldn't find the electrical outlet, so I suspect my lights will be on into the summer months too. Celebrating our saviors birth should be all year anyway. I've been out of ideas to write this last while, not sure why. I do enjoy it when I do it, it's just been a strange fall. Wishing you all the best, thanks for visiting.